Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texture problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
419 Views, 4 Replies

Texture problem

Hello Folks,

I'm having a strange issue with this simple model. Is there any solution to fix this?

Please see the attached image, I tried to highlight how the material looks and feels different on a different surface. And actually, 

Love to answer if anyone have any question.

Thanks in advance.

RB

Screenshort.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PROH
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. Isn't this simply caused by the viewing angle? What happens if you change your view to be more perpendicular to the side - is it still looking wrong?

If so, then you can select the polys with "wrong" UVW and put an "UVW-xform" modifier on top of it, and play with the tilling values.

Hope it helps

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: PROH

First, thanks for the response, much appreciated. 

Yes, caused by the viewing angle. Other angles don't cause this issue.

So, I understand, fixing UVW and put an "UVW-xform" modifier might fix it? 

I'm not too familiar with max, where can I find these options, under material panel? 

Many thanks for the help.

AB

Message 4 of 5
PROH
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. If it is caused by the viewing angle, then it is expected/"correct" behavior and shouldn't need any other fix than changing the camera angle. Changing the UVW to "fit" this view will probably make it look wrong in any other viewing angle.

The "UVW x-form modifier" is a modifier, and is therefore found in the modifier stack. It's not enough to add it to the stack, you must tweek it to your needs (f.ex. the tiling values). More explanations can be found in the help files - simply press the F1 key and it'll show up. If you're new to Max, the help files are a good place to find basic info.

Hope it helps

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: PROH

aside form the obvious, it IS the viewing angle causing the perceived "distortion", however, Anistropic Filtering can remedy this to a point.

If you are serious about maximizing HD graphics, try ReShade prgram and link it to max, it has a good number of tools to alter the look and definition of programs.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report