Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texture moving when I stretch and object

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
darrenbykerk
714 Views, 2 Replies

Texture moving when I stretch and object

Hi

I'm using 3D Max 2020 and rendering using Vray. I have a model that looks great static or when I move around it. but when I scale or stretch or squash it the map doesn't move with the model.

I'm using a texture map and displacement map.

please help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
10DSpace
in reply to: darrenbykerk

I am not really sure, but since no one else has answered here are a few thoughts:

1. It seems like maybe the texture is somehow stuck in World space as you scale the model.  Does the same thing happen when you move the model?

2. What kind of mapping are you using? Is the mesh UVW unwrapped or are you using  the UVW  Map set to box or something?  Is any part of  your texture procedural?

3. Are any of the material parameters animated?

4. What does your modifier stack look like?

4. Only 1 surface (the surface facing the camera) of the model seems to be affected.  Do you have a multi-material assigned?  The inner orange colored portion of the mesh doesn't seem to be moving differently than the mesh, but it is difficult to tell because it is mostly a solid color.  It looks mostly like the cellular noise type material is misbehaving.

The more details you provide about the specific mesh and material parameters you have, the better the chance that someone will be able to help.  Hope this shakes something loose for you.

Message 3 of 3
darrenbykerk
in reply to: 10DSpace

Thanks so much, I will check all these points and get back to you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report