Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text size appearance difference between HD & 4k monitors - squished on 4k?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
dj263
138 Views, 0 Replies

Text size appearance difference between HD & 4k monitors - squished on 4k?

I'm on Windows 10, in 3DS Max 2023. I have a desktop rig with 2 1920x1080 monitors, & a laptop with a 4k display that gets extended to another 4k monitor.

Motion Panel - Layer Manager - the Animation Layers are all squished together on the 4K monitors. They can still be selected, and work properly. But they are impossible to read, so I effectively cannot use them. There's not even alt text that pops up when they are hovered over.

I don't have this problem on those native 1920x1080 monitors.

In Windows' Display Settings, I have tried switching the 4K's display resolution to 1920x1080, 100% scaling: no effect. Still squished.
I tried changing the scaling at both 4K and 1920x1080 resolutions, both up and down: no effect. Still squished.

Everything else in the interface changes size and resolution accordingly. Except this list of animation layers.

Is there any way to fix this? A setting I'm not thinking of, or even a MAXscript? Anything to help, please!

4k display.png1080p display.png

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report