Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System.NullReferenceException

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2966 Views, 2 Replies

System.NullReferenceException

Hello all. Please help. I am getting this message State Sets Error System.NullReferenceException: Object reference Not set to an instance of an object. at Autodesk.Max.StateSets.ActionItems.OpenClose.get_IsChecked() Can't get into the render menu, or object options menu... I am using Max 2016 with windows 10. Also I get the message attached when starting 3DSMax. Thanks Vic.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

I'm sorry to hear you are having this problem, luckily I've seen this one before.  Typically, this is caused by an antivirus program or live monitoring software like Windows Defender. This is sometimes called "Real Time Protection". 

If you do have a 3rd party virus program, you need to disable it in there instead of in Windows Defender.  Also note, you don't have to disable your anti-virus altogether (and please don't), just the live or real-time monitoring.  In some programs you can set exclusions and you could try to exclude 3ds Max that way, but consult the help for your chosen AV software.  

Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question. This lets me know that I was effective in helping you, and thank you for doing so.

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 3
marco.paffi
in reply to: Anonymous

I had the same issue on 2024.1 version.

I sorted out creating a back-up for the following folder inside ENU:

C:\Users\"user.name"\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2024 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\

Delete or Backup the folder "plugcfg"   and the problem was solved without touching all the custom UI with custom toolbars.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report