Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Graphical Issue (3ds Max 2016)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1386 Views, 4 Replies

Strange Graphical Issue (3ds Max 2016)

Hi community

I've been having some major graphical issues with 2017. I have a AMD Radeon 6700 series graphics card. Using textplus I get this :

Max_Issue.jpg

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Fahad_ALAsmari
in reply to: Anonymous

This is 3ds MAX 2017 not 2016, and I'm sorry I never used textpluse.

Message 3 of 5
BenBisares
in reply to: Anonymous

I tried reproducing this and I can get similar glitches on my iMac with the AMD 6970M running 3ds Max 2017 through Boot Camp.

A few questions:

-When does this most often occur? For me it seems to happen when I start clicking on different Textplus objects.

-For me the glitches go away if I change the Viewport driver to “Nitrous Direct3D 9”. Try the same change. If it remains, work your way down the list to see if any setting has any impact

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/3DSMa...

-Can you provide a system information file? I’ll log this one with development after I gather more info

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Obtain...

Ben Bisares
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

Hi Ben, thank you for taking an interest in this issue. When I click on one of the textplus meshes, that's when the problem occures. It disappears, sometimes, when I zoom in/out in the viewport, or when I click on an individual mesh other than the one I want to work with. But not always. My Pc: Windows 10 ver. 1511 build 10586.420 Intel i-5-4570 3.20 ghz 12 gigs of ram I will try Nitrous D3D9 to see if that works. If you'd like, I can forward the .max file to you Thank you again for your help
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

The Nitrous Direct3D 9 soultion worked. I had my viewport set to DX 11. Thanks again for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report