Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spline creation behavior

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
fpatry
302 Views, 3 Replies

spline creation behavior

Does anyone know if there is a way in the .ini file (or elsewhere) to default the rectangle and line knot type to "corner" instead of "bezier corner" when creating one?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CAMedeck
in reply to: fpatry

I doubt there is an easy way to change the default vertex type for any of the primitive shapes, but I agree that it would be nice sometimes.  I've just gotten into the habit of changing them all to Corner whenever I first add an Edit Spline modifier.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
fpatry
in reply to: CAMedeck

Yeah, I use an old script from Neil Blevins to change them automatically, but it's per object and if you chamfer a vertex, it still creates bezier corners. Annoying...

Message 4 of 4
domo.spaji
in reply to: fpatry

Default type is not Bezier corner, at least not for lines. You can set type in creation parameters (e.g. initial and drag type for lines)

But guessing most important to you is final shape and number of segments.

Set interpolation steps to 0  and you won't care abut vertex type.

When creating new shapes they will have same parameters as last one so you dont have to change that all time.

(same is for modifiers, ...)

You could check that script, it would be pretty useless scripting if it is per object only... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report