Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service 'SQL Server VSS Writer' failed to start

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
2823 Views, 1 Reply

Service 'SQL Server VSS Writer' failed to start

max.png

This error keeps appearing whenever I try to install 3ds Max 2022. Other older versions also give the same error. I've tried installing the Visual C++ Redist 2015-2019, and I've also tried a clean reinstall of 3ds Max, running it as admin, and even restarting my PC, nothing worked. What should I do? I need this solved in 9 hours because that's when my 3D class starts.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
lequangvinhbkhn
in reply to: Anonymous

I had this problem while installing SQL Server 2019 express instance. Installation error suggested I install Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64). However, even after installing the 2017 redistributable, the problem persisted. However, the redistributability provided by the link in this answer titled "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64)" actually solved my problem. The version number of the second version is 14.28.29325 while that of the old version (2017) is 14.16.27033

Alternatively, you can try the following basic guide:
1, Uninstall and clean completely. It is recommended to use application removal software such as ccleaner. Restart the computer.
2, Install SQL2019 separately, restart the computer. Make sure the installation is in administrator mode.
3, Reinstall, do not change the installation package, the installation packages in the world are the same. Make sure the installation is in administrator mode.

________________________________________________________________________________

Architect at Phuong Vinh Interior Design Company, chuyen thiết kế nhà Hải Phòng và xây nhà trọn gói Hải Phòng

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report