Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send to MotionBuilder problem

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
5022 Views, 9 Replies

Send to MotionBuilder problem

Hi.

I cannot send my 3DS Max model to MotionBuilder via Send to command. 3DS Max 2017 and MotionBuilder 2016 are installed on my system (I use student license).

I was following this tutorial. Please help me.

Send to > Send to MotionBuilder > Send as new Scene menu command is disabled.

Also I cannot send files from MotionBuilder to 3DS Max. Send to 3DS Max menu command is also disabled.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

I'd like to help you with your problem here.  By default the apps try to find the same version (example: 2016 Max to 2016 Motionbuilder), but it's not necessary that they are exactly the same in reality.  You just need to do some small configurations to the Synergy folder in ProgramData.  I have some links that will help with this process, and I've tested it myself on my machine to make sure it works.  Though these links may mention other products, they do in fact work.  

Below I created a whole new file called MotionBuilder.2017.0.Windows.64.syncfg, despite the fact that I don't have 2017 installed.  I just pointed it toward 2016.  I did it this way so my 2016->2016 files would still see each other too, as I have max 2014-2017 installed.  

Synergy.png

If you have any trouble, I'm happy to help.  Thank you!

Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question. This lets me know that I was effective in helping you, and thank you for doing so.

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 10
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

Did this work out for you?  I just wanted to follow up and see if you still had issues.

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Thank you 🙂 This worked out for me.

Message 5 of 10
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

Glad to hear it!  Thanks for the update and have a great week!

Best Regards,

Message 6 of 10

Hello Alfred, 

Is there a way to fix the greyed out "Send to Maya" in Motion Builder 2017. When using Maya 2016?

Thank you

Message 7 of 10

Hello @sheldonkruger and welcome to the community,

The key is to trick MotionBuilder into thinking that the Maya 2017 synergy file is for an existing installation.  You can do this by editing the path in the file to show your 2016 installation.  I have attached a file where I did this, but you'll have to verify that path is correct.  Place this in ProgramData->Autodesk->Synergy and it should work.  Please let me know if you have any trouble, I'll do whatever I can to help you.

Best Regards,

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I have all 2018 products and it still doesn't work so what should i do in my case as i don't have different versions of the software?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks so much for sharing this! It works! 🙂

(although it looks like I need to re-link a lot of texture files...)
Message 10 of 10

Hi. I have a similar issue. Im trying to import a Revit 2022 file in 3ds Max 2021. Is there any workaround this? Thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report