Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scene explorer display issues

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ganderson
334 Views, 3 Replies

Scene explorer display issues

 All of my layers disappeared from the scene explorer  while I was working. Did I click something accidentally? I found them in the layers explorer, but they are not as easy to work with there. Is there some way to get them back into the scene explorer?

Thank you,.

Giovonnae Anderson

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RobH2
in reply to: ganderson

I'd suggest you try an ENU reset. It frequently solves funky problems like this when the arise. 

ENU Reset from Autodesk:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Resetting-3ds-Max-...

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 4
ganderson
Message 4 of 4
RobH2

That's good to hear. Now, save your current ENU. Just copy it and save the whole folder somewhere and name it something like "ENU - GOOD _3-22-24." Then if things go wonky again, delete the bad one, copy the saved one and name it just "ENU" and put it in place of the bad one. Now when you launch Max, it will be good to go again. 

If you made a lot of customizations and added plugins after making the 'Good' one, then you'll lose those potentially but at least you'll know you have a good ENU to go back to. I back my ENU up every 3 days and keep one every month if things don't go wrong. That way I always have a current one to go to is disaster happens. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report