Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Render Setup dialog box always on top

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
655 Views, 3 Replies

Render Setup dialog box always on top

Is there a way to make it so the render dialog box always stays drawn on top of everything in 3dsmax? I'm always losing it and it's a pain to hunt for it.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Thanks for bringing your question to the forums! Are you referring to the render setup UI or the Render Production window? To bring up the Render Production window, you can hit the Shift+Q hotkey.

• Are you using multiple monitors?
  • What version of 3ds Max are you using?

Looking forward to speaking with you further about this!

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Hi Hagen, thank you. I'm talking about the Render Setup UI. The shortcut for it is F10, but it takes a solid 2-3 seconds for it to appear which gets frustrating fast. It would be a lot smoother if it was always drawn on top of all the other dialog boxes.

I have two monitors, one of them is always maximized with slate, which is where the render setup ui typically gets buried under. 

edit: 3ds max 2019 21.0.0.845

Message 4 of 4
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the reply! I would suggest posting this type of feedback on the 3DS Max Ideas board as this is beyond the limit of support. I would also recommend becoming part of the 3ds Max beta program, as you would have more direct line of communication with the development team. 

I have experienced some viewport and UI lag when keeping the Slate material editor open, as each material preview is actually being rendered, you may want to see if closing it helps optimize UI responsiveness.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report