Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remapping UVS while preseving textures.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
a_curious_blip
377 Views, 4 Replies

Remapping UVS while preseving textures.

I have an old asset that I did during school that I really love and want to use in my portfolio for my end of school class, but the UVs are horrendous. I don't want to have to repaint and texture it, as that would take a long time. Is there a way to preserve the textures and maps and redo the UVs so they are actually fitting to standards and not full of seams and haphazard? (They are spread out on 5 tiles right now, when they could have easily fit into one, so I need to condense them to one tile as well, which has been a bit of a headache when trying to figure this out).

Thank you!

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobH2
in reply to: a_curious_blip

If you can show us something maybe someone can assist. Provide some screenshots of what you have, UVs screenshot, viewport screen shots from a few angles, a description as to what you are trying to do, things like that. It's impossible to assist you without know anything about what you are trying to acheive and seeing what you have. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 5
RGhost77
in reply to: a_curious_blip

You can create new UV on channel (2) to then bake original textures from UV channel 1 to 2.

Royal Ghost | veda3d.com
Message 4 of 5
a_curious_blip
in reply to: RGhost77

I have tried that, but I was having trouble applying my texture maps on the multi-tile UV to a material (I did them in Mudbox and am trying to set them up in 3DS Max). Some parts of the textures are getting cut off in the middle or not showing up. I don't know if I was using an outdated way of doing it (using the actual mutlti-tile node).

Message 5 of 5
a_curious_blip
in reply to: RobH2

I can get some screenshots for you when I get back on my computer later. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report