Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time trajectory spline

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
705 Views, 10 Replies

real time trajectory spline

Hello. Is there any way to have spline of a trajectory as an instance copy (I mean when trajectory of an object changed the spline change too.)(In real time no with extracting line and importing it.)

521.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Diffus3d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

I don't believe so, but you might be able to find a script that does this sort of thing.  Maybe this could help?

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 11
domo.spaji

If you assign Path constrain controller to object you'll have same trajectory as spline path.

Transforming points on spline path must be reflected on trajectory/motion path.

Can't do the same on trajectory because there's no position keys.

But maybe you looking for a way to change trajectory in viewport?

Motion panel - Trajectories - Sub_object (keys)

Message 4 of 11
domo.spaji
in reply to: Diffus3d

Funny!

What's new in 3ds Max 2018 - beside changing names😁

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Hello Diffus3d .Thanks for this script it is very useful but not in my case . I dont want to edit trajectory spline I want to just have a same line from trajectory and it let me to add some modifiers on the line.

or at all for my goal this is a main question that, is there any way to with changing the position of some thing , automatically a spline going to generate and follow objects path.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

No idea??? I really need it.

Message 7 of 11
Diffus3d

Hello @Anonymous ,

Apologies for the late reply, somehow my autodesk messages ended up in SPAM.  Fixed now.  

My best suggestion would be to post in the scripting forum to see if someone can help you make a script to do what you are looking for.  

Best Regards,

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

I posted it in script spot and Autodesk_3dsmax_programming , but any body didnt write a script for it.

What should I do?

Message 9 of 11
Diffus3d

I'm not sure what to tell you @Anonymous , typically the workflow is to animate an object to a spline rather than vice versa.  Are you just trying to leave trails behind an object?    What's the purpose of the spline?

Best Regards,

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

I want to use the trajectory spline for having a update able line that carry sweep modifier and has trail texture on it. and before rendering I will use projection modifier on my land and the line will project its texture on my land.
Any way????

Message 11 of 11
Diffus3d

I don't know of a way without scripting @Anonymous, sorry.  

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report