Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real 3Ds Max "VIRUS" - please help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jakub
2068 Views, 5 Replies

Real 3Ds Max "VIRUS" - please help

Hello,
I downloaded a 3D model with russian name helpers that make my 3ds max very unstable. Once you open the file - these helpers will be in 3ds max forever - they are there in fresh scenes as well after you get infected. They make 3ds max very unstable and crashes very often - mainly with UNDOing created objects or proxies.

Please note I believe this even seems like a virus - once you open it, there is no come back, only reinstall of 3ds max + never open any file with this again. I unfortuantely already have incredible amount of files infected with this - as its there even with fresh new scene.

Attaches see a fresh new scene /nothing done - helpers are there right away/.
This applies to 3ds max 2016 and 2017.

I am out of options with this as its infected enormous amount of my files.
Thank you for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Diffus3d
in reply to: jakub

Hello @jakub,

Have you taken a look at this thread, do any of those symptoms seem like what you have?  There are instructions in there on how to clean it up.  Can you please try that for me?

Best Regards,

Alfred

Message 3 of 6
jakub
in reply to: Diffus3d

Wow thats great news - Thank you very much for comming with this. I am ALC script positive. I already located files in startup folder. I deleted them however whenever I open infected scene - they are back. Another thing is that max cleanup script (globalvars.gather filter:(fn test name val = (findstring (tolower (name as string)) "cleanbeta" != undefined))​) is not working for me - it returns "undefined". 

However by my exploration, the 2 helper files from my first post do cause this behaviour. If I delete the ALC script, opened fresh max /non infected! yes/ and merged old scene without including the two helpers - and save this - this scene is no longer causing problem or infection.

However the trouble is that I have hundreds of crucial files /big scenes/ infected and merging is not including renderer settings nor scene HDRI settings - and is extremely laborous.

Lets please discuss how to clean my infected scenes. Thank you.

Message 4 of 6
Diffus3d

Hello @jakub,

My best suggestion here is to file a support case using the steps at the bottom of that previous link, and someone in support should be able to help.  Can you please try that for me?

Best Regards,

Alfred

Message 5 of 6
jakub
in reply to: Diffus3d

I just submitted a ticked with correct subject. I hope to hear from Autodesk very soon.

Thank you very much.

Message 6 of 6
Diffus3d

Thank you for the update @jakub, I'm sure they'll sort you out.  🙂

Best Regards,

Alfred

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report