Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"File is already open for editing by another user"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
marco.paffi
200 Views, 2 Replies

"File is already open for editing by another user"

Hello,
I'm part of a large team using 3Ds Max 2024 and sometimes we share the same files imported in a Master Scene using Xref scenes.

Sometimes different members need to work on the same Xref file for different reasons but this workflow create flaws of multiple copies of the same Xref file.

Is there any chance similar to Revit or Rhino to have a notification of "File is already open for editing by another user"  so I can ask the person is using the file to save, close and pass me the file?

thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
marco.paffi
in reply to: marco.paffi

Any ideas????

Message 3 of 3
Diffus3d
in reply to: marco.paffi

3dsmax has a Vault system built in, but I've never used it.  Otherwise, the type of operation you describe is typically on the Windows level through programs like Subversion or Perforce.  Both will require an IT team that has been trained, and it's not going to be a simple process at first as everyone would need to learn how to use it.  

Nobody replied because it's a strange issue to have.  Your CG supervisor should be on top of this already, so it sounds like maybe you don't have one which will make this a bumpy road for sure.  

Best Regards,

Alfred (AJ) DeFlaminis

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

View Max Tips/Tricks Megathread

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report