Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicksilver light reflection question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1034 Views, 3 Replies

Quicksilver light reflection question

I am trying to get a realistic effect here on a piece of our equipment.

The image on the left is a cropped photo of a real assembly in our shop.

The image on the right is a rendering of my model. 

The biggest difference i see is the lack of light reflections. I'm trying to figure out how to get light reflections using Quicksilver.

I see raytrace is not an available with Quicksilver and I may not care for that anyway because it would increase my render time.

Anyone have any suggestions?

HD Micro.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I am not a pro with the QuickSilver engine, but here's some thoughts that can help you.

With Quicksilver, you need to activate Reflection in render settings and include the objects you want to receive reflection. See my screenshot.

And, you can try the Arch and Design material that is compatible with QuickSilver. I believe you would get better results. And probably you will need to add some fake reflection object in your scene.

QuickSilver Reflection.PNG

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Good morning Eric

Thanks for your suggestions! I have tried as you suggested and it don't seem to make a difference. 

Also tried arc material. Brought the shininess up to 100 and even added a spherical map. still nothing.

I created a new simple scene. One box has a standard material and the the other has a architectural material with the shininess pumped up to 100

Would you have time to look at it to see what i am doing wrong?

Thank s

shinerender.png

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi, 

Here's my result.

I didn't touch your render settings, just the materials, move some things, remove the HDRI from the reflection slot on the yellow material and add this HDRI as en environment map (spherical mapping). I have changed the yellow material for a Physical Material, reflection look a little bit better.

Reflections with Quicksilver doesn't seem to be really accurate but it works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report