Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quad menu customisation

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tomNC9VX
168 Views, 1 Reply

Quad menu customisation

I've created a custom quad menu for the viewport - nothing crazy, just a few of the Corona render functions. I've save this to a custom mnux file.

When I load this mnux file the configuration appears, but when I close max the customisation does not stick. If I save over my maxstartUI.mnux in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2023 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\UI  (or any other location) then Max immediately crashes. 

I have tried the process in administrator mode but the same thing happens.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
darawork
in reply to: tomNC9VX

Hi,

I have done the same customisations as you, adding some Corona commands to the Quads.
I have saved over the MaxStartUI.mnux file in the default location. I just tried to re-save over it, and it saved ok. No crashes. I'm not logged in as Administrator. I'm using 3DSMax 2022.3 on Windows 11, Corona 10.1 (Worked with 7 before too).

The one thing I may have done differently is; I have my Workspace saved, all all other Workspaces deleted.
That, and I'm one version of 3DSMax lower than you.

Here is my custom Quad layout: 

darawork_0-1699015636759.png

Do you have any scripts in the Quad or complicated stuff like that?
Does clicking the Advanced Options... -> 'Save As Startup' inside the Advanced Quad Menu Options window also crash your installation? Or cause it not to 'stick'? Maybe you could try pressing that button, instead of overwriting the .mnux file? Make sure to exit 3DSMax normally, and completely before restarting. Aslo make sure to only ever have one instance of 3DSMax running when you make customisations, obviously.

Regards,

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report