Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with rectangular selection tool

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2935 Views, 4 Replies

Problem with rectangular selection tool

Hi,I am using 3ds max 2016 .When I try to select objects in my 3ds max scene by rectangular selection tool ,nothing is selected in the scene.Before I used 3ds max 2015 and 2014,again there was same problem.What is the reason?How can I solve this? Thank you...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kgokhangurbuz
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi;

-Can you select objects with other marquee tools such as Circular, Polygonal, etc.?

-If not, are you sure that your scene layers and / or objects are not frozen?

-Is your Window / Crossing button on Crossing (unclicked)?

-Are you under any Editable objects sub selection such as Editable Poly > Vertex etc?

Please let me know more about this.

Best regards;

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi , I tried in different 3ds max scenes.I have tried also other marquee tools.I am sure my objects aren't frozen.I am careful with the edit poly mod.I tried both window crossing active and disactive.I have had this problem for 3 years.
Message 4 of 5
kgokhangurbuz

Does this happen after a while, or do you have this problem whenever you start a fresh 3ds max scene?

Also, when you happen to open the files with this issue on a different computer, do you still experience this problem?

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I solved the problem.I think it was caused by my graphic card which is a shared graphic card in my intel mainboard.So I needed to some changes  in the preferences---viewports---choose driver.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report