Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with miss aligned pivot

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
b_degroote
296 Views, 5 Replies

Problem with miss aligned pivot

Hello, i try to import a fbx from 3ds max to unity. 

I have a problem with the pivot. All parts of this axis have the same pivot points, after grouping the pivot changes to a different location. So I changed the group pivot to the correct point. 

After exporting the file and importing it into unity the pivot shows the wrong position? Why?

I imported many other files without any problems. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
10DSpace
in reply to: b_degroote

@b_degroote 

I am not sure how well Unity understands Max groups and can distinguish between a group pivot and the individual object's pivots within a group, but since your model looks very simple, do you really need to export it as a group, or could you combine/attach the objects into a single object, make sure that the pivot is where you want it and then export it to Unity?  This would present an unambiguous pivot for a single object to Unity.   If you have done any scaling of the whole objects within the group make sure that you first ResetXForm and Collapse  (via Utilities Panel) for each object before you combine them as any objects not at 100% scale can cause problems. 

Message 3 of 6
b_degroote

Thanks for your reply. 

I converted it to one object, ResetXFrom and collapsed. The pivot shows correct, after the import in unity the pivot has the wrong position. 

Message 4 of 6
Diffus3d

Hello @b_degroote ,

I think I would ungroup it, and simply parent it to a helper located at 0,0,0.  The group complicates transforms for no good reason and Unity is a better place to manage hierarchies.  

That being said, perhaps you just need to ungroup and regroup and try to re-export.  Maybe adjusting all the transforms within did something weird to the group transforms.  

Best Regards,

Alfred (AJ) DeFlaminis

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

View Max Tips/Tricks Megathread
Message 5 of 6
b_degroote

I tried so many options, in this project i imported models with 100 parts inside groups, with no problems. 

I imported the file in blender and the pivot appears at the correct postion.
It seems unity cause the problem. There is a option to change the pivot to center of the object, that worked for me.

Message 6 of 6
Diffus3d

Glad to hear it worked out.  In the model properties I believe you have some pivot import options in Unity, but glad it's working.

Best Regards,

Alfred (AJ) DeFlaminis

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

View Max Tips/Tricks Megathread

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report