Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with merging 3d models

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
piotrek.waciega
542 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with merging 3d models

Hello,
I have problem with merging 3d models. Few seconds after merging model to my scene, 3ds max frezes on few minutes. I was looking for soutions on the web, but in most case people has problem with note track and animation layers. My problem appeared when I updated my max version from 2020 to 2022.
Problem occurs in more complex scene. Some 3d models, (eaven complex) merging fast, another very long. Every 3d model is saved in clean scene, majority in newest 3ds max ver.

Anyone have similar problem?

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: piotrek.waciega

I'm assuming you are doing merges of the mesh from another Max file instead of imports, is that correct? This may be more of a workaround than a fix, but what if you take one of those problematic meshes and export it as an FBX or OBJ and then 'Import' one of them? Does it now come in OK?

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report