Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when opening Material editor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
leandro-nim
2066 Views, 2 Replies

Problem when opening Material editor

Hello guys, I am using 3DS Max 2018 Student Version, and i'm having a very strange problem with the material editor.

EVERY TIME i open the material editor, a new blank VRay material is created! For example, I have a certain Material in the first slot (on the Compact Editor). If I close the Material Editor and open it again, this selected slot looses it's material, and a new blank VrayMtl is putted in it's place. The same happens on the Slate Editor too.

Things get worse if I have a certain object selected in the viewport... If I open the Material Editor (Slate or Compact) with any object selected, this object looses it's material, and the new blank material created during the opening of the Editor is applied to it.

I just don't know what to do. Currently I have to police myself to NEVER open the material editor if I have an object selected.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jamesw
in reply to: leandro-nim

Never heard of this problem. Try resetting the scene.

If the problem persists I would uninstall and re-install my software. This should fix the bug. 

Message 3 of 3
danderson
in reply to: leandro-nim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report