Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro-Optimize Modifier

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
543 Views, 3 Replies

Pro-Optimize Modifier

Hi there,

I have to convert my JT file into FBX, my model contains over 1 mil polygons, so in the conversion process I´ve got to reduce the polygoncount (preferably to 220-2280K polygons), but I am not quite sure how far do I have to go with the reduction. Can I reach the line of 80% reduction, because no matter what percentage I use visually I don´t see any difference, so I don´t know where to stop in order to keep the respected visual look of a model.

Should I consider other modifiers?

I would appreaciate any help/recommendations.

BR

Olha

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for bringing your question to the forums! I would suggest duplicating the model, and turning on [Edged Faces] in the viewport settings (hotkey for this is F4). That way you can see how much the mesh is changing while you move the Pro optimizer vertex percent 😄

Here is a gif of this workflow.

proOptimize.gif

I hope this helps!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 4
hagen.deloss

@Anonymous 

Any ideas or questions on my previous post? It would be helpful if you had time to give an update, that way other Community Members can benefit from your process 😄

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 4 of 4
irishman_team_kilber

if you hit 7 on your KB on the top LT of your monitor it tells you the number of poly and vercies you have in your scene, the normal optimize modifier reduced your scene about 50% so i guess nowadays it will be about 80% but this is speculation

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report