Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help - My Particle Count Is Dropping Across Frames

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
444 Views, 5 Replies

Please Help - My Particle Count Is Dropping Across Frames

Hi there,

I have this weird issue with MaxFluids where the particle count is dropping across frames.  I have a conveyor belt with boxes on them, the boxes hold a container of fluid.  The boxes move along the conveyor belt, the particles move with them, so all works nicely.  There is no particle spillage, there is a non-rendering barrier on the top of the containers to prevent overflow for part of the movement.  Across the 50 frames I tested with the particles just seem to evaporate?

You will see from the image attached there is a screen shot of frame 13, 28 and 49 and across that time there is about a 50 mil drop in particle count consistent in all the boxes.

I actually have no idea what is going on or what setting to even look at to stop this from happening.

Would love to hear some suggestions.

Thanks.

LosingParticles.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

ok so I created another container with particles.. not keyframes on this one as it isn't part of the original massfx baking.  The particles stay exactly where they should..  the volume does not decrease.  I have removed anything of Massfx rigid body related from the modifier list and just left the keys.. the particles still drop.  Also, the animation doesn't start til frame 20, but the particles reduce immediately..  it is like it is purely based on knowing they are part of an animation.

This really has me stumped.

Message 3 of 6
pyroskat

First disable "Delete exceeding particles"  This can create loose of volume.

If this is not enough, I. will try to increase transport steps, and time steps, this will make your simulation slower, but will be less provable than particles pass trough deflectors, or they disappear. 

If this is not enough... well, we will need to check other things.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pyroskat

Yep I have done all that.  The other container I created an animated from 10 to 20 just moving along is fine.. the container stays full.  It is only effecting the mesh objects that have massfx frames against them.  I am not sure why it makes a difference, massfx keyframes are still just keyframes.  Even if I drag the massfx keyframes out of the way, the particles still reduce down, it is weird.. it is just like the particles in the container that were massfx objects seem to have some other weird density.

Scene is attached.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

figured it out, needed to tinker with the collision object settings.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

actually nope.  130 frames in the containers that were baked with massfx are empty, the other that is not massfx keyed, is still full????

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report