Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Particle Flow generates strange nodes!!!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
759 Views, 6 Replies

Particle Flow generates strange nodes!!!

Hi, guys

I use 3DSMAX 2018 

I have a question about Particle Flow  when I made it

why 3dsMAX Generates Particle flow's Operators and Test  on Scene Explorer????

I don't need it except PF Source 

how can I delete operators & tests  on Scene explorer??

Is it possible?

please help me

Thank you! 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for bringing your question to the forums, it looks like you are visiting as a new member to the 3DS Max forum. I want to extend a warm welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Within the Particle View, you can delete operators you don't need, and this will delete them in the Scene Explorer. I believe the nodes are included within the scene explorer to accommodate for folks that choose not to work within the Particle View itself. Here is a gif demonstrating this.

delete_operators.gif

I hope this makes sense! Let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 7
hagen.deloss

@Anonymous 

Any ideas or questions on my previous post? It would be helpful if you had time to give an update, that way other Community Members can benefit from your process 😄

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Can this somehow be group automatically under the particle view node.  It kinda making my scene a mess and as I create and delete nodes, it's going to need manual management again.  

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Can this somehow be group automatically under the particle view node.  It kinda making my scene a mess and as I create and delete nodes, it's going to need manual management again.  

You can simply pipe the nodes into the Active Layer while working with Pflow.

Create a Layer and make it the Active Layer by clicking the icon left of the Layer Name.

However, when creating new objects apart from Pflow, you will have to change the Active Layer.

Pflow.JPG

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks, that is helpful.

Message 7 of 7
loginCE6EX
in reply to: hagen.deloss

I switched from 3ds MAX 2017 to 2023 and have since realized that I now avoid particle flow whenever possible because I don't want to clutter up Explorer. The operators flying around affect the way I work and I don't want to work with layers either. It's not an improvement if you realize that you intuitively no longer want to use software that you enjoyed working with.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report