Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old shaders and maps setup UI is not fully visible in SME

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kirgiz81
643 Views, 2 Replies

Old shaders and maps setup UI is not fully visible in SME

My setup:
43' 4K TV as monitor
CPU AMD 3900X
GPU: RTX 2060 Super Turbo + RTX 3080 Turbo
Clean install of Windows 10

The problem

In SME setup interface of old materials (such as "Blend", "Standard (Legacy)" and maps (all from "General" section: "Bitmap", "output"... except "Advanced wood") is not fully visible/reachable.

Other maps and shaders appearance is fine.

I had this problem with 2024 and 2025 3ds Maxes, and with last Windows 10 and 11 all clean installs of both OS and 3ds. No plugins. 

The problems goes away with font scaling 150% in Windows, but I need 100% as I have large TV as monitor.

I tried every Autodesk recommendations  about scaling - they didn't work

I mean this one: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/DPI-scaling-using-...

I reinstalled Windows 10 several times, creating boot flash with two methods: 1) using MediaCreationTool, 2) Using Rufus.

Second (Rufus) setup helped - clean installed 3ds Max's SME had no problem with UI, but after some time  - the problem came back.  With Windows10 installed with MediaCreationTool - the problem in 3dsMax was from the start. 

Each Windows install was with formating drive C, and with latest OS version from Microsoft.

nmpLd9t.jpeg

P.S. Checked 2023. No problem with it, coming back to old version.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Byteman
in reply to: kirgiz81

It has been mentioned in the forums recently. It is about encoding type setting in Windows.

Byteman_0-1723993361700.png

Keep the "Use Unicode UTF-8...." checkbox unchecked. At the expense of losing your non standard characters in non-unicode programs.

Message 3 of 3
kirgiz81
in reply to: kirgiz81

Byteman     Enormous thanks to you! 
My "Current System locale" settings was changed, now with English it's all good!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report