Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need informations on "Quadify"

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
233 Views, 1 Reply

Need informations on "Quadify"

Hello,

I'm actually working on a mesh composed with a lot of "geometry", lot of vertex an faces. It's a road made by scanning, made to be imported in a "racing simulation software".

And someone advise me to try to use the "Quadify" modifier to use quads instead of the originals "triangles" (3cm side)

The main problem in this situation, is that I need to keep the exact geometry of the mesh, to keep all the road details that we have scanned.

Do you think the "quadify" modifier might do the job ? Or it will crush the geometry of the mesh  ?

Does somenone knows a "technic" to simplify mesh and keep the relief-map (don't if it's the right term in english for that) with less faces and vertex ?

I attached a image sample of the mesh, here there is around 13 000 faces selected, and it's only a small part of the mesh (near 50 parts).

Thanks a lot !

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't know if "Prooptimizer" would be a good way to simplify mesh and keep a very detailed mesh ?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report