Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need FBX or OBJ - Please assist.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
400 Views, 2 Replies

Need FBX or OBJ - Please assist.

Hello fellow artists -

While I was doing some house cleaning yesterday, I found an old CD-rom with some of my old work on it. One file in particular I would like to keep. However, it is a .MAX file from when I used 3DS MAX. I switched from Windows to Mac platform years ago, so I can't get the MAX file to open in any app except 3DS MAX which is proprietary windows software.

My question is - Can anyone who has a copy of 3DS MAX kindly do me a BIG favor of exporting out to FBX or OBJ, so I can use it in my modeling app on my MAC? I dont have enough space on my HDD to make a windows partition, or I would do that. And I dont own a PC or Windows for that matter. The last version of windows I owned I think was XP.

Concerning the file - It is just a grayscale model (no texture) of a generic looking lion (animal). So a simple export to FBX or OBJ would be greatly appreciated. I just need the mesh. I dont care if any hair/fur systems, or textures are not included back to me.

So, If you can help me, please post and I will send you the file via dropbox link. Thanks for any help with this. I appreciate it a lot! ๐Ÿ˜„

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Post the dropbox link and I'll try to remember to come back and do this for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the post - I got someone to do this for me early just this morning - Ironic, eh? Cat Very Happy

Thanks anyway.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report