Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My freshly installed version of 3ds Max 2022 crashes when opening, what is the problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
joni_fassbender
437 Views, 3 Replies

My freshly installed version of 3ds Max 2022 crashes when opening, what is the problem?

If I try to run the software, it shows the opening window, even loads so far as to showing me the different viewports, but then it just closes without warning or explaination!

I do not understand this. I already tried reinstalling 3 times, same old same old. I tried restarting the PC and I also wiped all Autodesk infrastructure off the drive, all to no avail. What can I do? I need this for my uni-project 😞

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Diffus3d
in reply to: joni_fassbender

You should post this on Installation and Licensing because they sort of tooled specifically for this sort of problem.  My guess is that either:

1) Your GPU is not supported and you can try a different viewport driver.  

2) Not getting a license for some reason

3) Can't create temp files, need to run as administrator so that it can create some things it needs to create on first run.

However, I am not sure.  I&L can help!

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 4

Hi @joni_fassbender,

Look like you might have a problematic Wacom driver installed, can you try the solutions in this article to see if they can fix your issue: Program Crash when using Wacom device with Maya and 3ds Max

Daniel Cantin
QA, 3ds Max
Entertainment Creation Products, DCP
Message 4 of 4

Update: Wacom fixed the startup crashed, they released a new driver WacomTablet_6.4.1-3 

https://www.wacom.com/en-ca/support/product-support/drivers
https://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/win/professional/releasenotes/Windows_6.4.1-3.html

All Devices All models We fixed an issue that was causing Autodesk's Maya and 3ds Max applications to crash with the 6.4.1-2 driver installed.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Daniel Cantin
QA, 3ds Max
Entertainment Creation Products, DCP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report