Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Camera in the Dope Sheet has Roll Angle instead of Rotation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bast0424
529 Views, 4 Replies

My Camera in the Dope Sheet has Roll Angle instead of Rotation

Hi. I am trying to copy the Position & Rotation from one camera to the other. But the other camera (which is a CoronaCam/VrayPhysicalCam) doesen't have it. Here's the kicker though: It has worked before, with the very same cameras and then it suddenly doesen't. I don't know what keeps changing and it's super annoying.

Does anyone know if theres a way to FORCE Max to only use Rotation unless otherwise specified? 

PS: I attached an image so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. Hope you can help 🙂

Regards
Bastian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
10DSpace
in reply to: bast0424

@bast0424 

You are trying to match a free camera with the Corona camera.  Not an expert on Corona, but try changing Corona cam to Free type if it's an option in Corona cam rollout.

Message 3 of 5
bast0424
in reply to: 10DSpace

I probably forgot to mention I am trying to copy the keyframes from the Cinemotion Cam onto the Corona Camera. I cant copy Rotation onto Roll Angle so I need to somehow get the Rotation back. I've done it before, but I don't know how 🙂
Message 4 of 5
10DSpace
in reply to: bast0424

@bast0424 

A "Target"  camera has a roll angle parameter. 

10DSpace_0-1647605638119.png

A Free Camera has the x,y,z Rotation you are looking for.

10DSpace_1-1647605764455.png

So you need to change the Corona camera to a Free Camera type like in the images above.   I do not know Corona or have access to it, but I have to believe it has a similar option as a dropdown in the rollout to change it from a "Target" Type to a "Free" Type.  If you do that you should get the X,Y,Z Rotation you are looking for.

Message 5 of 5
bast0424
in reply to: 10DSpace

The solution was to turn off the Target of my CoronaCam.

Thank you 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report