Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Max 2016 Errors Windows 7

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
632 Views, 3 Replies

Multiple Max 2016 Errors Windows 7

So out of the blue (no patches, no updates, nothing) my edition of 3DS Max 2016 started acting up. I get several error messages. A sizeable one on startup, then smaller ones when I right click in the viewport, and two when I attempt to access the Renderer menu. A few days later, it started giving me an error message when I closed the application too.

This first happened about a month ago, and at the time I wasn't too fussed. I was going away from the computer for a few weeks regardless, and would not be doing modelling. Before I left, I reinstalled to no avail. When I came back the problem persisted.

About a week or so ago at the time of posting, I reinstalled again, running CCleaner and Malwarebytes after all the files were uninstalled before reinstalling. After reinstallation it started slowly, but functioned correctly, for about a day, and then the errors came back, other than the one that used to appear on closing, thus far. Note that nothing happened at the time it began to make this happen, and it had been working fine on this system since September/October.

Any clue as to how to fix this?

System Specifications:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Intel Core i5-4590

16GB RAM

Nvidia EVGA 970 Graphics Card.

CX600M PSU.

Gigabyte Z97P-D3 Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard

Kingstone Technology 480GB SSD.

Seagate Blue 1TB HDD.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Yeah i have the exact same problem however on windows 8.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

So, it appears the situation for me is that it's a subtle file conflict between 3ds Max and my Panda Cloud Antivirus. I'm not certain what Antivirus you run, but try disabling it before you start 3ds Max. If it's the same problem then you should be able to do so then re-enable Antivirus after you've started it.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

i use the exact same antivirus, thanks for let me know. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report