Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOVE WITH AXES ISSUE

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
lazzari-mattia
825 Views, 7 Replies

MOVE WITH AXES ISSUE

Hi,

It seems that in 3ds max 2022 the movemet along the axes  is having some issues.

I cannot move my object by selecting the axes (just see the video attached here to better understand my problem).

Is someone else having this problem or is it just me?

Is there a way to make this work properly?

Thanks a lot!

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
shawnolson
in reply to: lazzari-mattia

What version of Max are you using?

Is this happening with all objects, or just this object?

I noticed that in your video, when you click what appears to be the Z axis (blue) it switches to the Y Axis (green). This leads me to think that the object may have a bad Xform. If the current transform is not important, you can try selecting the object, clicking Utilities, hit the Reset Xform button, then click the Reset Selected button. It's just a shot in the dark, but it might fix a bad transform.

Message 3 of 8

Hi and thanks.

I'm using 3ds max 2022.

It happens not with every object but with many objects; sometimes it seems that this problem does not exists, sometimes move with axes is impossible to me. Sometimes an object seems to have this problem, but after some tries the problem is not there...I can't understand why!!

I will try the tip you suggested the first time I encounter this issue, but if I'll have to do this every thime it would be frustrating... 😞

Message 4 of 8
oliver

Which coordinate-system is set?

Message 5 of 8
lazzari-mattia
in reply to: oliver

Hi,

I'm using "View".

Message 6 of 8
shawnolson

Did you end up encountering the problem again? If so, did you try resetting the object xform?

Message 7 of 8
lazzari-mattia
in reply to: shawnolson

Hi,
yes the problem is still there. I tried with reset x-form but it didn't solve the problem.
Message 8 of 8
aranmor

Hello, Did you find a solution? I'm having the exact same problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report