Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

motion builder streaming plugin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
657 Views, 3 Replies

motion builder streaming plugin

hey,

Can anyone help me find information or samples that would help me write a plugin for motion builder that would allow me to stream motion data to a bvh file in real time? Please let me know. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
muhammadaamir7775
in reply to: Anonymous

• Familiarize with MotionBuilder SDK: Explore Autodesk's MotionBuilder SDK documentation to understand the API functions needed for accessing and manipulating motion data.

• Set Up Development Environment: Typically, you'll use C++ or Python for plugin development. Ensure your environment is ready for MotionBuilder plugin creation.

• Implement Real-Time Streaming: Capture motion data frame by frame using the SDK, and write this data into a BVH file format in real time.

• Study BVH Format: Understand the structure of BVH files to correctly format the streamed data.

• Use Samples and Community Resources: Check out Autodesk’s samples, GitHub repositories, and forums for example code and community support.

Message 3 of 4

@muhammadaamir7775 wrote:

• Familiarize with MotionBuilder SDK: Explore Autodesk's MotionBuilder SDK documentation to understand the API functions needed for accessing and manipulating motion data....

Is that  reply ChatGPT generated ?

Josef Wienerroither
Software Developer & 3d Artist Hybrid
Message 4 of 4
tr8192131
in reply to: Anonymous

"Hey there! Writing a plugin for MotionBuilder to stream motion data in real time sounds like an exciting challenge. While I haven’t tackled this exact project, I’d suggest looking into the MotionBuilder SDK documentation, which should provide a good starting point. You might also find some useful examples in the Autodesk developer forums or GitHub repositories. If you’re open to it, collaborating with others who have experience in real-time motion data processing could really help speed things along. Good luck, and I’m eager to see how your project progresses!"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report