Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifier list doesnt appear

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2930 Views, 7 Replies

Modifier list doesnt appear

Hi people, well first of all: Im new here so "hi" to you all 🙂

My first question here is going to be a troubleshoot about the Modifier list.
When i have an object selected (doesnt matter what kind of object) and i hit the modifier list -combo box, it appears to 'notice' that i click on it, but nothing happens.
The list does not appear at all.

I already re-installed Max 2009 and still no wanted result.

Does anybody got an idea?

Thanks 🙂
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Steve_Curley
in reply to: Anonymous

A guess? An Intellimouse - remove the drivers (ditto for the Logitech Setpoint drivers). May not help, if not just reinstall them.

Oh, and search these forums - this issue has cropped up before.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Gunblade! Currently I'm having a similar problem. Whenever i click on the modifier dropdown with a object Max crashes. The same thing happens when i make a NURBS surface (UV loft, for example). I wanted to ask - can you make NURBS just fine?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

@ Steve Curley: I have been fiddling around with my mouse-settings + drivers etc.
And i have noticed that it wasn`t that at all, instead it only happened while being maximized in the 2th monitor (dual view on a Wacom-tablet, im sorry i should have said so).
When i made the 3DsMax-window smaller, it was active again.

.... in other words, it is just a screensize-bug, since the list doesn`t appear when on fullscreen on a monitor on who doesnt fit a full list of the modifier-stack.

@ Sentinel12: No, i can make NURBS without any trouble, but if you read the conclusion above you`ll know why 🙂
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Does your list go upwards instead of dropping downwards? I had an issue where I had the command panel on a second monitor and the first time I would click on the modifier list, the list would extend upwards only showing a little bit of the list. I would click it once more to close it and another to open it back up and it would extend downwards. I never really investigated it and now I have a larger monitor with the command panel on the first monitor, but if I put it back to the other position on the second monitor, it does the same thing again.
Message 6 of 8
ekahennequet

Does your list go upwards instead of dropping downwards? I had an issue where I had the command panel on a second monitor and the first time I would click on the modifier list, the list would extend upwards only showing a little bit of the list. I would click it once more to close it and another to open it back up and it would extend downwards. I never really investigated it and now I have a larger monitor with the command panel on the first monitor, but if I put it back to the other position on the second monitor, it does the same thing again.

This is an old thread, but it discusses the very issue you're referring to.

area.autodesk.com/forum/Autodesk-3ds-Max/3ds-max-through-2008/modifier-list-bug--drop-down-box-only-...
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

My modifier list keeps crashing max when i click on it. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance.
Message 8 of 8
hafza2163

hi I'm a beginner 

my modifier list is not showing up in 3ds Max windows 10 kindly help ....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report