Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modefiy menu

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
d_iaa_almnajjed
444 Views, 12 Replies

Modefiy menu

Hello,
The software version I'm using is ( 3ds Max 2024 2.1 )

I have been facing this issue for a long time now, and it still hasn't been resolved. This problem has become extremely frustrating at work. After extensive research, I've noticed that it's a very old issue and has never been resolved. I just need to find a solution or communicate with a programmer to clarify the problem further.

Here are the specifications of my computer: 
HP Z640 
Cpu : Intel xeon e5-2680 v3 (Dual X2 )
Ram :  64 Gb ECC
Gpu : Rtx 4060 Ti oc 16 GB

SSd Samsung 980 Pro

I hope to find a radical solution to this problem. Thank you all. ♥

Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
RobH2
in reply to: d_iaa_almnajjed

Can you explain what the problem is? Your video is great to have but without some sort of direction or verbiage, it's hard to tell what the problem/problems are. With both it will be much more clear what's going on. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 13

The problem is the delay or slowness that occurs in the (Modefiy) list, especially when the shape is edited by polyline or mesh. When you select an item or make a copy of it, as shown in the video, I hope this explanation is helpful.
"If the explanation is not clear, I can reshoot the video more accurately, but this problem is extremely bad in an indescribable way."

Message 4 of 13
RobH2

This is a hard one to figure out. The delay, if it is one at all, is minor from what I see. I get delays too as I get more objects or more layers in a stack. But I wouldn't call a 0.25 to 0.5s delay an issue. A 3.0s or 4.0s delay would be a different story. 

I think I see a lot of 3rd party plugins installed in your version of Max. Many 3rd party plugins don't undergo the rigorous testing that Max's native plugins do and they often cause issues. For instance, a plugin I love and rely on 'Relink Bitmaps' created an issue where it would take 3-4minutes to even open and it stalled Max while doing so. It was really a disruptive one. The developer spotted it quickly and fixed it with a patch and all is well now. But it could be that one of your 3rd party plugins is injecting some additional calculations that are causing some slight delays. 

You could uninstall them one at time and see if the problem goes away. Keep notes so you know which one it was and then reinstall the others. Test to make sure all is well then reinstall the one you identified as the possible problem. See if the problem comes back. If so, then you know which one it is. If not, then maybe it's fixed. 

That process will take a lot of time and work but I've gone through it a few times over the years and it's solved oddities in performance that I was pretty sure Max was not causing by default. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
Message 5 of 13
diaa_almnajjed
in reply to: RobH2

Your statement is correct, but I have tried this matter myself, which is formatting a new Windows installation and installing 3D Max software without installing any additional components. However, nothing changed, and the same problem persisted.

I want to emphasize something important: this delay issue is causing me a problem because my work relies heavily on modeling, which is very frustrating for me.

I really hope there is a solution to this problem because it is extremely annoying beyond description.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 13
RobH2

I'm going to guess something else is causing the delay. I make my living modeling things and frequently have files with several million polys. I've not experienced any delays on a light file like the one you show. I've used Max since V1. I just don't think it's a native issue or bug with Max. I have a strong feeling some 3rd party plugin or something else tied to your OS or machine is causing the problem. If what you show was a bug or flaw in Max there would be 100s or 1000s of posts and complaints about it. And there just aren't. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Message 7 of 13

Believe me, it's not an issue with additional or external components. I've tried many solutions... But I think the problem lies with workstation computers and Xeon processors, especially with devices that have PCIe Gen 3 and don't have a high transfer rate like devices with PCIe Gen 4. I've conducted this experiment on multiple workstation computers like HP Z640, HP Z440, and HP Z840... If you want to try it yourself, just try it on a workstation computer that has only PCIe Gen 3. I assure you that you will notice this issue... And if you need any other videos or further details from me, I'll send them to you... And all other design software that I work with never experiences any delays or issues whatsoever.

Message 8 of 13
RobH2

That's intrersting. There have been some issues with Threadripper processors from AMD here and there. It sounds like you have a lot of data to share. I'd suggest you report it as a bug and see if you get any feedback. 

Here's where you submit a Bug. It doesn't necessarily start a one-on-one dialog with a develper, but I have on occasion had them reach back out to me to ask question or to ask for a sample file. The URL does sound like just a feedback "catchall" address, but they do look at each one. 

Bug Reports:
https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Message 9 of 13

Actually, I have a lot of data and matters to share for improvement. But thank you, I will send them a message and hope they truly respond... However, may I request if it's possible to communicate with one of the developers via chat or call just to clarify many things for them??
Thank you.

Message 10 of 13
RobH2

Not that I know of. I don't work for Autodesk and am a mere mortal just like you and the rest of us. But, if you report it and they get back to you, then that dialog is started and you can ask then. I have had them reach back out to me a few times. You can also just search the forum for someone's post who looks like a official developer. Then send them a PM and see if they respond. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Message 11 of 13

Thank you very much, my friend. I truly appreciate your concern and your response. I have contacted them and I hope to receive a reply soon.

Message 12 of 13
RobH2

You are very welcome. Thanks for the nice words. If you do get some assistance and solve it, do come back here and report what you learned in hopes that it helps someone else who might have come across the same issue.  🙂

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Message 13 of 13

Okay my friend, that's for sure. I will never hesitate to share any information, and I will immediately update you as soon as I am contacted. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report