Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing textures every time I open the scene.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2241 Views, 3 Replies

Missing textures every time I open the scene.

Hi!

Every time I open a 3ds Max file I have to reload every single bitmap texture in every material hitting the reload button or the "Show Shaded Material in Viewport" button.

I always work in the same PC, so I guess it doesn't make sense that all the textures disappear because no file has been modified nor moved. 

Hope there's somebody here that can help 🙂

Thx!

3dsMax 2016

Corona Renderer 1.6

Inter i7

RAM 32GB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you use reload or the other option and the textures are displayed means that your textures are not lost.

If you save your project when the textures are being displayed the next time you load the new save they should be visible. Is not that the case?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Yes, the textures are there, but they all look solid black until I reload them. If I save the file when the textures are displayed, close it and then re open it all textures appear black again, so every time I open the file I have to reload all of them again. 

Message 4 of 4
innaSDHQP

I have the same issue! Every time I open the file I need to add every single texture one more time. It never happen before with my previous projects...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report