Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

measuring objects and scale

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
837 Views, 10 Replies

measuring objects and scale

hello

my set up is metric , i measured my arm  length no hand as 40 cm and radius  biceps top half section as 32 cm . i then scaled down to 100'th . are these interpretations in the measures area correct ? therefore m is milimeter ?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

sorry diameter not radius . Further  0.0032 radius in metric means what ? 32 mm ? is it mm? one MT is what ? CM ? can someone pls give me an example . tks

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

the radius in this sofware is from edge to edge of sphere or cylinder or from center to edge ? there seems to be some conflicting interpretaions in recent times 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

so in this image scaling to 100'th of my size  are the figures correct in MM? i have measured radius as from one end to the other , not from midpoint .

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

1.000m in this scale is 1 meter ? 

Message 6 of 11
rendermaster

@Anonymous wrote:

sorry diameter not radius . Further  0.0032 radius in metric means what ? 32 mm ? is it mm? one MT is what ? CM ? can someone pls give me an example . tks

1m = 1000mm
1m = 100cm
therefore:

.0032m = 3.2mm or .32cm

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

3D Generalist / Animator / Renderer/ Graphics Designer

Autodesk Student Ambassador Platinum
YouTube Channel l Linked l Facebook l Blogs

Message 7 of 11
rendermaster

@Anonymous wrote:

the radius in this sofware is from edge to edge of sphere or cylinder or from center to edge ? there seems to be some conflicting interpretaions in recent times 

the radius is from the center to edge

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rendermaster

is the radius in this software  measured across from one end to the other or half way point of the cylinder . so all measures are in MM .

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

sorry i didnt see the previous above .

Message 10 of 11
rendermaster

@aminxe123 wrote:

so in this image scaling to 100'th of my size  are the figures correct in MM? i have measured radius as from one end to the other , not from midpoint .

radius measurement will be from center to edge.
take note: using scale tool to scale your object then checking its dimension on parameters will not do any better...if you need to scale on exact dimension based on your dimension preferences, just use the right value

say you need a 32mm radius, so you need .032m in case your display unit is meter.

more info on 3ds max scale/dimension here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPc02tZzj8c

Ronel Katigbak Pabico

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: rendermaster

i want to start learning how to dress a military figure from prints i have ,  is there such a thing as downloading say  WW2 goggles , pilot hats uniforms of various nations or that does not exist and i must build my own from scratch ?  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report