Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxFluids-Mesh disabled when restarting Max? (Can't render on renderfarm)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
498 Views, 3 Replies

MaxFluids-Mesh disabled when restarting Max? (Can't render on renderfarm)

Hello,

I created a fluid simulation and cached it on my harddrive.

Now when I restart Max, the cached fluid is not directly visible/loaded. If have to open the Simulation View first, then the sim pops up in the Viewport.

With this problem, I can't render my simulation on the renderfarm as it isn't visible in my renderings!

Solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@dweingarten wrote:

Hello,

I created a fluid simulation and cached it on my harddrive.

Now when I restart Max, the cached fluid is not directly visible/loaded. If have to open the Simulation View first, then the sim pops up in the Viewport.

With this problem, I can't render my simulation on the renderfarm as it isn't visible in my renderings!

Solutions?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/no-fluid-mesh-when-network-rendering/m-p/7451814/highli...

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

This does not seem to work for me.

The aformentioned problem with the sim not showing in the Viewport is not an issue - it still renders fine on my local machine without hitting the Simulation View button.

But I get blank farm-renders anyway. I activated the Lock-Button and got rid of all tokens. Finding the Simulation directory shouldn't be a problem, as Particles Caches point to the same location and work fine on the renderfarm.

Message 4 of 4
HHasbrouck

Hello,

It is 11/2022  (3DS Max 2023) and we experienced something similar. Even though we were using the robust UNC paths over the renderfarm the fluid mesh was not rendering in VRAY. We had to ensure in the solver under the Caching tab  the verbose path for both the Project Folder and the Final Path were the same. We had to triple check that the pathing was also correct when loading the mesh cache in the solver. Once that was consistent throughout, and it took several tries, we had successful fluid renders over the render farm.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report