Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2022 viewport and freezing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sean
368 Views, 2 Replies

Max 2022 viewport and freezing

Hi all.

We've just updated to Max 2022 from Max 2019.  

I've initially done this on 3 new systems but will be updating all other systems in the office next week.

We're getting freezes and a black viewport issue.  

The freeze can happen doing simple tasks.... lasts about 10secs then wakes up.

The black viewport happens when loading, or when Max is frozen.  It only happens in the viewport(s),  not anywhere on the UI (for example, if in quad view, it doesn't happen in the borders of the quad viewports).

I've also got an issue where an object with a certain Corona materials vanishes.  It's still possible to select it.  Changing the display mode (default shading, facets etc) fixes the issue but then it happens again so I need to flip flop between them.

I've had to set the base texture to be visible in the viewport - this has fixed it but it's frustrating.

---------

Here's a video of some things.  The black viewport didn't happen on this instance.

Max is up to date (service packs, security tools etc).  GFX card.... everything is up to date.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
irishman_team_kilber
in reply to: sean

try using the or optimize or pro optimize modifer this will reduce the amount of polygons you are using. some times this will fix the issue. maybe you have to much in your scene and you are running low on memory.

try updating your VGA card drivers as well if that is not upto date. dont for forget 3ds max is a very memory inintensive program the more stuff you have it your scene the more memory you use!

Message 3 of 3
sean
in reply to: irishman_team_kilber

Hi.  This isn't a scene issue.

It worked with no issues when using 2019.  It's only since going to 2022.

2 other colleagues are having similar issues with different jobs/scenes.

Everything on the system is up to date.  Including the graphics driver.

The scene is also using only 22gb of 128gb RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report