Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2019 - Populate doesn't work

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
robw
3087 Views, 5 Replies

Max 2019 - Populate doesn't work

Hi, it's been a while since I've used Max, and I'm having trouble getting populate to work.

Initially, when I clicked the button it prompted me to download/install the highres data - which I've done.

So now I have data in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\PeoplePower\5.0\Populate

However, in Max it only lets me draw the flow, but doesn't add any people to it.

Any ideas? What am I missing?

Am I meant to do anything else inside Max to get it to work.

Thanks

3DS Max 2019

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
madsd
in reply to: robw

Hit the "Simulate" button, the agents needs to be distributed after the procedural inital phase is complete, amount of people, variation, how they walk/run.

Message 3 of 6
robw
in reply to: madsd

🙂 I did hit the simulate button.

It runs through the default 300 frames, but adds nothing to the scene.

Message 4 of 6
robw

I guess the first question should be, does anyone have populate working in Max 2019?

If so, how....? Did it work from the get go, or did you have to install the data file?

Do I need to add a path inside Max? It feels like Max wants to do it, since it runs through the simulation.

Or is there something to configure?

Too many questions for a Monday morning.... lol

Message 5 of 6
robw

Got it!

Units weren't correct. I switched it to meters and hey presto, people.

🙂

Message 6 of 6
war
Explorer

AFTER MANY UCESSFULL EFFORT, i COPY THE DOWNLOADED FILE POPULATE 5, AND PSTED IT IN THE FOLDER OF 3DS MAX 2020, AND IT IS O.K

FERRY

@robw wrote:

I guess the first question should be, does anyone have populate working in Max 2019?

If so, how....? Did it work from the get go, or did you have to install the data file?

Do I need to add a path inside Max? It feels like Max wants to do it, since it runs through the simulation.

Or is there something to configure?

Too many questions for a Monday morning.... lol

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report