Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2017 - UI/mouse issue - flyouts, paint deform etc not working

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
triffski
435 Views, 1 Reply

Max 2017 - UI/mouse issue - flyouts, paint deform etc not working

Hi,

Had a weird problem crop up, I can use the first state of buttons with additional options under them as normal, but holding the mouse down does not activate the flyout so I can only access the first option. Argh! This affects the whole UI, Track View, everything - any button with the triangle indicator in the corner. Max 2017 SP3 on my current scene, it works fine after a reset, previous scene is OK and other scenes are fine. Mouse and Wacom exhibit the same behaviour. Right clicking the transform buttons brings up the dialog as expected, tooltips work fine, just no flyout.

Next I noticed, after going back to the previous version of my file, that paint deformation is also broken. It also requires the mouse to be held down, so I guess they're related.

Any ideas, folks? Maybe hitting Max with a big stick whilst cackling maniacally? I'm going to revert to the previous version of my scene but I'd like to know why oh why it's done this so I'm ready if it happens again.

Cheers,

triff

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
triffski
in reply to: triffski

It happened again, this time I noticed it was right after I merged in a camera rig from another scene, just two dummies and a PhysCam.

Deleted the camera and the buttons work properly again. Merged the camera into another scene, no problem at all.

Weird..............

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report