Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matte/Shadow/Reflection material is rendering objects black

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2657 Views, 2 Replies

Matte/Shadow/Reflection material is rendering objects black

I am using a photograph of a room as a background image and I am planning on adding furniture to the scene.  I created a matte/shadow/reflection material and applied it to the walls and floor (so they disappear), and it is rendering black.  I've read through some other posts on this issue and tried to follow the suggestions, but havent gotten it to work . In the mr Photographic exposure control window, I have the physical scale set to unitless and have tried numbers as high as 100,000 with the Exposure value set to 10.  I've tried many combinations - can there be anythng else to look at?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PROH
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi. When using the mr "Matte/Shadow/Reflection" material, you need to copy (instanced) your background map to the "Camera mapped Background" slot in the material. Otherwise it will render black.

There are several "tricks" regarding this issue, all described in the help file: http://docs.autodesk.com/3DSMAX/16/ENU/3ds-Max-Help/index.html?url=files/GUID-8DEE14E3-1F49-4072-AA0...

Hope it helps
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: PROH

PROH,

Thanks so much for that tip - worked perfectly, but now the background image has a weird blue tinto to it. Any more words of wisdom?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report