Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loft

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
siskinsergey623
289 Views, 3 Replies

Loft

After studying Loft, I noticed that when you use a circle (with the same number of sides) and use Loft, for example, as I used, the object either becomes distorted and enlarged, although this should not be the case or is distorted to the side. Maybe I don't quite understand how Loft works or it's a bug. Tell me

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CAMedeck
in reply to: siskinsergey623

It is hard to say for sure what's going on without seeing the file.  Selecting the circle as the top of your Loft should not resize it unless you've scaled something in the Loft or the circle itself.  Did you do any changes under the Deformations rollout in Loft?  Or scale the shape in any way?

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
siskinsergey623
in reply to: CAMedeck

can you see it now?

Message 4 of 4
CAMedeck
in reply to: siskinsergey623

You started with the star shape for your loft, and you want it to gradually transform to a circle shape.  But it looks like you may have added a second star shape to the loft about halfway up, so it is only changing from star to circle in a very short section.  Am I understanding your problem?  If so, delete the extra star shape from the loft object.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report