Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lights Too Bright in The Rendering Result

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
16560 Views, 13 Replies

Lights Too Bright in The Rendering Result

Dear @hagen.deloss

As you can see in my problem in this thread https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/how-do-i-change-the-default-renderer-in-my-scene-3ds-ma... The rendering result is too bright, my questions are:

1. i haven't setup any lights yet, so how do i know if there are already lights in the scene?
  2. if there is already lights there, how do i adjust it?

Many thanks,

Victor

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for posting this question in a new thread! Here is what I recommend.

1. You can open up the Scene explorer, which is under the Tools dropdown. Within the scene explorer, if there is a light within the scene, it will be listed here with a little lightbulb icon next to it.

Screenshot (248).png

2. I would then select the light from the scene explorer and, in the properties of the light (which will appear on the command panel on the right side of the user interface), I would scroll down to the lights intensity dropdown and change the multiplier value.

Screenshot (249).png

I hope this helps!

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Hi @hagen.deloss

I've just checked the scene explorer, but it appears that the scene don't have any light in it. Can you tell me why its so bright?

Thanks,

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

lampu.jpegHere is the scene explorer..

Message 5 of 14
hagen.deloss

@Anonymous

Would it be possible for you to send me the scene you are working in? You can attach the scene to your next response post.

There could be a few reasons why the render is appearing bright, including environment settings, render settings, and camera exposure settings, I can't tell you for sure without the scene 😄

Hagen Deloss

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

@hagen.deloss wrote:

@Anonymous

Would it be possible for you to send me the scene you are working in? You can attach the scene to your next response post.

There could be a few reasons why the render is appearing bright, including environment settings, render settings, and camera exposure settings, I can't tell you for sure without the scene 😄

Here is the file attached below.. Thanks @hagen.deloss

Message 7 of 14
hagen.deloss

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for the file 😄

It looks like your scene has some exposure controls set up, you can turn those off by hitting 8 on your keyboard (or navigate to them via rendering>environment effects). Under the exposure control option, there is a dropdown menu where you can turn them off <no exposure controls>.

Screenshot (4).png

I'm not sure why this was turned on in the demo scene, as it only looks like it was useful for the render when it was in the ART renderer, not scanline...

Anyway, that's why the scene seems blown out with a bright white light 😄

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

For future situations with scanline.

Check lights in menu/tools/light lister.

Check if environment color is black (default value). Check global gamma in preferences and exposure value in environment.

If you don't have any lights in scene, scanline uses default lights. Create standard omni light with multiplier 0.01

This will disable default lights. Render should look very dark.

Use light multiplier to control intensity.

Learn scanline lights from video tutorials.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous

Ok @hagen.deloss i will try them out. Thanks alot for helping me.

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

Thanks alot for your input @Anonymous 

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

rendering solved.jpegSOLVED.. thanks alot @hagen.deloss

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Message 13 of 14
hagen.deloss

@Anonymous 

Is that a 3d scene or just live video? I would suggest checking out a video editing software like Adobe After Effects or Premiere to fix the lighting in post. Or re-shoot the video.

Hagen Deloss

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

Hello! 

I am also having this problem constantly i open a new file and it is constantly white outed. And when i play with the iso camera settings it then turns an orangey color when i have no orange in my scene. Could you please check my scene and help me out? I have no idea what i am doing wrong and it is been driving me crazy for like 2 weeks. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report