Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Revit FBX file with correct scale

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
1708 Views, 0 Replies

Import Revit FBX file with correct scale

Hi all,

I have tried numerous things that I have found on the internet re importing a Revit FBX so that the scale is 1:1.

I use 3ds Max 2019 and Revit 2019

These were the two methods I have tried with no success.

This workflows is getting FBX models into max at the correct scale WITHOUT any scaling on the geometryJ

(I work in mm as my base System Units)

1. Go to “Customise/Units Setup.
    1. Change the system Unit scale to 1 Unit = 304.8 (millimetres).... Uncheck “respect system units in files”

1. File/Import/ FBX File
    1. Under presets, select ‘autodesk media and entertainment’.
    2. Basically turn off all settings (animation, cameras, lights)
    3. *** Under units (turn off ‘automatic’, set File units converted to: “FEET”. Scale factor should automatically change to ‘1.0’.
    4. Click “ok”. FBX file will import.
    5. Save the file

1. Reset Max
    1. Go to “Customise/Units Setup.
    2. Change t the system Unit scale to 1 Unit = 1.0 (millimetres).... Check “respect system units in files”

1. Go to “File/Import/Merge”
    1. Select the file you saved on step 2.
    2. Simply click ok and “hey presto”.

And this method

This workflows is getting FBX models into max at the correct scale WITHOUT any scaling on the geometry.
(I work in mm as my base System Units)

1. Set System Units to mm with Unit Factor @ 1 Unit = 304.8 (feet) and respect system units scale Enabled.
2. FBX Import settings, turn off "automatic" in Units tab and select "Feet" in the pull down to force Scale factor of 1.0.
3. Import and save
4. Reset Max
5. Units back to normal (set System Units to mm with Unit Factor @ 1 Unit = 1 and respect system units scale Enabled).
6. Merge in previously saved model.

= Model at right size with no scaling of the geometry/mesh.

Both of these were found here...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/fbx-import-scaling-issues-solved/td-p/4266171

So far I have not been able to get both of these to work. If it helps a 1400mm wide window in Revit when imported into max becomes 13654mm in width.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report