Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I RESTORED MY PC

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
leonelgrimolizzi02
629 Views, 6 Replies

I RESTORED MY PC

Hi! I had to restore my pc from factory and I've save the folders and now I installed again de Autodesk desktop but I can't see my programs that are 3D Max and Maya. Someone knows how can I activate them without reinstalling everything again? 

Thank you and I hope your answer.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: leonelgrimolizzi02

what does this mean: I installed again de Autodesk desktop but I can't see my programs that are 3D Max and Maya

Someone knows how can I activate them without reinstalling everything again

you can't activate the software if you don't have anything installed this makes no sense

Message 3 of 7
leonelgrimolizzi02
in reply to: Anonymous

You know when I tried to open the Autodesk desktop I can't and downloaded again it. Previously I put the folders where they were but 3d max and Maya don't open. 

I hope you understand me

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: leonelgrimolizzi02

no this doesn’t make any sense

if it helps post in your native language

Message 5 of 7
leonelgrimolizzi02
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok thank you! hahaha 🤣

Message 6 of 7

There's a lot more to software these days than having some files in named folders.  The installation process creates and registers links that allow the program to run and supporting functions, such as licensing, to work.  When you do a system wipe/reset you need to also do a full re-install as well as license activation.  About the only thing you don't have to do is download the installer again, provided you have it backed up somewhere (which you should, for disaster recovery).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 7 of 7

Ok thank you! Anyway I reinstalled MAYA again and have actived the license. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report