Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I CAN'T IMPORT CORRECTLY MY AUTOCAD HOUSE PLAN INTO 3DS MAX

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
andrealp20
208 Views, 2 Replies

I CAN'T IMPORT CORRECTLY MY AUTOCAD HOUSE PLAN INTO 3DS MAX

Hello everyone! I have done a house plan in AutoCAD with the walls and I want to import it into 3Ds Max to do the extrude and to add some 3D elements.

When I import the plan into 3Ds Max I only see 4 lines and not all the lines of the plan. My version of 3ds max is 2023 and the version of Autocad is 2024. I have the same units in two programmes (meters) and I have all lines in the same Autocad layer. What is the problem? 

Importing it in 3Ds MaxImporting it in 3Ds MaxHouse Plan in AutoCADHouse Plan in AutoCAD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CAMedeck
in reply to: andrealp20

Is the size correct in Max?  Measure it out, and make sure it matches what you have in CAD.

Try linking the DWG file.  In the file link dialog, check the box for rescale units and let it choose the units.  Maybe your CAD file is actually cm or mm, and Max is welding all the vertices.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
andrealp20
in reply to: CAMedeck

Thank you so much! Linking the DWG file in the file link dialog it has worked. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report