Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove proboolean?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
12829 Views, 9 Replies

How to remove proboolean?

Hi guys,
Is it me, or is the only way - UNDO!?

You can remove it from modifier stack, NOR can you revert the object by right clicking and converting it back to editable mesh, that option is no longer available. So, basically, if you click on it, and want back, you're screwed 😞

Or am I missing something?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

can't you just extract the original operands?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Nope, it says you CAN'T extract the original lol...choose something else. Still, there should be an easy way to remove it. This is just silly.
Message 4 of 10
CAMedeck

Are you getting an error when trying to extract the operand? I've done a few tests and it doesn't seem to be giving me any problems here. I wonder if there's something with the object you're working on... Could you save out the object and let one of us take a crack at it?

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Yes, I just created a plain box, then another box, all in a fresh scene, subtracted them, and if I want to extract the original box it says "Sorry, you can not remove the base operand of ProBoolean. Select a different operand." But still, even if I could, I would prefer if I could "remove" the ProBoolean. On the other note, yes I CAN convert this object to editable mesh, before I couldn't that was some other error.
Message 6 of 10
CAMedeck

Look at the image I posted. In the center there is a circle around the radio button for Copy. That defaults to Remove, which is not really what you want to do. You want to either Copy or Instance your first box out of the Boolean. The original box no longer exists as it once did, because ProBoolean is not a modifier that can be removed, but rather a new object created based on the old object.

Chris Medeck
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Yes, I see now. I still think there's a better way doing this. But ok. Thank you!
Message 8 of 10
mhj.notenboom
in reply to: CAMedeck

Thank you you saved my day

@CAMedeck wrote:
Look at the image I posted. In the center there is a circle around the radio button for Copy. That defaults to Remove, which is not really what you want to do. You want to either Copy or Instance your first box out of the Boolean. The original box no longer exists as it once did, because ProBoolean is not a modifier that can be removed, but rather a new object created based on the old object.

Message 9 of 10
ahmad.sidawi

i found the best Solution .

Which is go to the Cure Editor and open it. you will find on the Right Side Object (Boolean or Proboolean).

select it and press on the Box 001 (The Element that u were Subtracting ur main object from)

Then Right Click on it and press press Copy.

Then  press on the Object (Boolean ) again and right Click then Paste .

U will see in the Properties that ur Boolean Modifier was Deleted .

This is the Right Solution . 

let me know if anything was unclear for u 

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: ahmad.sidawi

this is the workaround. Thanks!

*CurVe Editor. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report