Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Remove Editable Poly Rollout Menus

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
4067 Views, 5 Replies

How to Remove Editable Poly Rollout Menus

Is there way to remove a rollout menu from the right-side panel? More specifically, the rollouts from the Command Panel while Editable Poly it selected.  

Why?:

After modelling for several years I have never had a use for the following rollouts: "Paint Deformation" and "Subdivision Displacement". They only seem to annoyingly open and rearrange on their own and I find myself wasting time by constantly closing these rollouts to see the ones I actually use (such as the "Selection" rollout). Is it possible to remove these rollouts completely so that I'm only left with the rollout menus I use? I attached a screenshot of the rollout menu area I'm talking about

I did quite a bit of research to find out if there is an option to choose what rollouts are present through the "Customize User Interface" menu but couldn't find anything about the rollouts. 

Thanks in advance,

Jayden

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
darawork
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

There's a thread here that explains 'alternative' workarounds. It's quite an old thread, so I'm not sure if it's still relevant to Max 2019:

http://forums.cgarchitect.com/69245-customizing-3ds-max-user-interface-clean-up-command-pane-under-p...

Regards,

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 6
Daf
Advisor

Hey Jaden,

Those unused roll-outs were a big pet peeve with me, too. Several years back I started the transition to first the graphite tools and then Rappa Tools for modeling. I only use the command panel for a few things now. I would suggest you do the same. You will find that both are better suited for poly modeling and MUCH more customize-able!

Good luck!

Daf

3DS Max 2020.3
i7-4790 @4GHz • 32GB • GTX 1080/8GB • Windows 7 Pro
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: darawork

That's a helpful thread, thanks. It seems it's still uncustomizable sadly. You'd think it would be an easy enough option to implement but oh well.

Thanks for the reply!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Daf

Right now I'm using the graphite tools the odd time while mostly using the command panel, maybe I'll try shifting into the graphite tools as much as possible. Thanks for the reply/tip!

Message 6 of 6
jibijib

I found some of the Graphite Tools really useful, after years of resisting them.

Especially the 'Swift Loop' tool - it adds a loop to the centre of edges, but refines the curve, so the curve matches the profile of the shape. Not tried much else in there.

Incidentally, you can change the UI to the original style of the rollouts by disabling the 'Caddy' in the preferences.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report