Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign hotkey for these commands? (vertices properties in spline)

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
5vil
2619 Views, 10 Replies

How to assign hotkey for these commands? (vertices properties in spline)

These command list below in this image. Spline \ corner, bezier, smooth, etc... Haven't figure out to assign hotkey to any of them. I know rightclick menu is quite fast, but for some tasks in my current work, those command need to execute a lot of time and I prefer hotkey than context menu.

And I know how to assign hotkey/shortcut key in 3ds max for other commands. Normal way is rightclick>customize>Keyboard tab, pick the right Category (or Group), then navigate to the wanted command, assign a letter/symbol,key to it. But these vertex command such as corner, bezier... I couldn't find out in entire list of commands in 3ds max. They must be somewhere there but I can't find. Hope you guys give me answer quickly.

HOTKEYVERTICECORNER.gif

http://i.imgur.com/otfuhmL.gif

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
5vil
in reply to: 5vil

Nobody have any idea? This's not something that would got answered in minutes, is it? Basic 3ds max related question...

Message 3 of 11
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @5vil,

I don't believe this is possible.  When you switch between those modes there is no corresponding maxscript command in the listener, and as far as I can tell you cannot edit Tools 1 and Tools 2 quad menus despite me trying for quite a while.  I was thinking you could set the hotkey there but alas, no dice.  

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 11

If you don't mind that there's no undo:

macroScript CornerKnots
    category:   "Shortcuts"
    buttonText: "Corner Knots"
    toolTip:    "Switch Knot Type to Corner"
(
	mapped fn setKnotTypes index obj spline type:#corner =
		setKnotType obj spline index type

on execute do if Filters.Is_EditSplineSpecifyLevel #{2} do
	(
		local obj = selection[1]
		local splineCount = numSplines obj

for spline = 1 to splineCount
			where (local selectedKnots = getKnotSelection obj spline) != #() do
				setKnotTypes selectedKnots obj spline

updateShape obj
	)
)

After executing once (CTRL+E in maxscript editor), it will appead under Shortcuts category in the Customize UI dialog and you bind it to a shortcut. You can make different variants if you replace #corner with #smooth, #bezier or #bezierCorner.

Message 5 of 11
Message 6 of 11
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Message 7 of 11
yCekyLL
in reply to: Swordslayer

Did this post survive to 2022??

Hello Swordslayer, I found your solution devastating!
- But it doesn't seem to work (at least in 3ds 2017 and 2021 versions) Can you review?

I'm working on a project to integrate shortcut keys for all applications in the world!! (can you imagine? - never having to worry about keysstrokes again and only pay attention to art? )

Finally, if you can take a look at your script I would be very grateful! I am attaching the error image:

::
error.jpg

Message 9 of 11
yCekyLL

Wonderful! - Everything works perfectly!

There is also the [ Reset Tanget ] function. i tried to guess what the string would be.. i tried tangentCurve3D and #tangentBezier3D and also just #reset and none worked :'(

If it won't take up too much time, could you give me a hint on how to find out which one it would be?

Once again, thank you very much.
:::
reset tanget.jpg

Message 10 of 11
Swordslayer
in reply to: yCekyLL
Message 11 of 11
vedzizhev

Thank you very much! This work in editable spline, but didn't work in edit spline, so unfortunately it is not equal to click right mouse button and choos corner, smooth etc. So please help us with this function it will be really really usefull!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report