Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I export a mesh with its UV maps?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2366 Views, 2 Replies

how do I export a mesh with its UV maps?

How do I export a mesh with its UV maps? I am trying to export my mesh to substance painter but its wont show. i guess the UVs are not applied.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

I've just recently started here at Autodesk to help answer technical questions like this one, and I'd love to help you with your problem.  Usually the mesh does get exported with the uvs, but there are 2 things we can try in the case that for some reason this is not happening.  First, I would collapse your Unwrap UVW down to the edit poly/mesh by right clicking on it and selected "Collapse To".  Strictly speaking, this isn't 100% necessary with most models but in our case it helps us to know for sure that the UV's are definitely there.  Then, I would make sure that when you are exporting the model that you have 'UVs' or 'texture coordinates' enabled in the export module.

If you let me know which format you are exporting the model as, I'd be happy to give you more detailed instructions there.  Thank you!

Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question. This lets me know that I was effective in helping you, and thank you for doing so.

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

I just wanted to follow up and see if the above post helped at all.  Did you get this worked out?  

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report