Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! The objects in my scene are changing their position after I reopen the project

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
deligiorgi
267 Views, 1 Reply

HELP! The objects in my scene are changing their position after I reopen the project

I have this simple scene with a table (modeled by me) and a few chairs that are imported. The chair arms are also modeled locally using "Rendered Line". After closing the scene, I tried reopening it and almost all the objects have change their place and orientation. In the preview image in the file explorer the scene looks fine. I've attached a preview render with the initial scene as well.
Does anyone know why this happens and how can I fix it ?
I'm using 3ds max 2021 and Vray6

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Diffus3d
in reply to: deligiorgi

That's weird.  The following is a guess, but maybe it's a parenting + scaled transform problem. 

I would try to ungroup those things, unparent (unlink) them, and reset the XForms.  You might need to disable the modifiers above the base modifier for each object, applying the reset xform modifier, moving that to 2nd from the bottom on the stack, then collapsing to and re-enabling your other modifiers.   There's a chance that your modifiers results will look weird after that, and if so, then you know that you did indeed have some xform issues.  

Otherwise, it seems like they are xreffed from a file with a different system unit or some kind of haywire parenting situation occurred.  

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report